Palliative care focusses on offering relief from the pain, symptoms and stress of serious injury or an operation. It is also meant for people suffering from a terminal illness where a cure is not always possible and for those who have suffered, or are suffering, a complicated illness and need their symptoms controlled. At Life Care, we work with the aim of providing emotional support and the medical care our patients need, in dealing with long term medical problems. Our specialized Palliative Care program focuses on improving our client’s quality of life by providing clinical support services and home nursing services through a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals.
- End of life care
- Patients with advanced diseases like terminal cancers, with little or no prospect of cure
- Any other advanced, progressive conditions where the patient needs symptomatic relief
Life care’s Palliative Care Program focuses on ensuring that individuals remain in their homes when they are terminally ill. The range of services offered include:
- 12-24 hours of nursing support provided by nurses who have a minimum of 2 years nursing experience and critical care training
- 12-24 hours of medical caretaker support
- Equipment based on requirements (may include Ventilator, Suction Machine, Monitor, Hospital Bed, etc)